Welcome to another dose of Style Me Monday, a weekly blog series designed to guide you through selecting outfits for your session.
Some general guidelines to keep in mind while picking out your clothes:
- a neutral paired with shades of one or two colors is always a great place to start
- layering pieces, like a jacket or scarf, and cool accessories like a chunky piece of jewelry can add some fun, visual interest to your photos
- avoid matching outfits; this can look dated and boring
- don’t pick clothing with screen print graphics or big logos; these do not photograph well
To ensure you’re looking as fantastic as possible for your session, here are a few other helpful tips that sometimes slip our minds:
- if you have your hair color treated, make sure you’ve recently had it colored
- make sure everyone’s nails look nice! For the guys, clean and trim is perfectly fine. For the gals, nail polish is lots of fun, just please make sure it’s fresh! Chipped nail polish should be avoided if possible. Nude nails are also perfectly fine!
- have Chapstick or lip balm handy, even for the guys if they’re willing to use it! Nobody likes dry lips. 🙂
This week we have a styling guide for a super fun family session. I love this one and its amazing colors! Check it out and let me know what you think! For more outfit ideas, be sure to check out my Pinterest boards.
Did you find this post helpful? If so, feel free to pin it and share it with your friends!